The Growling Beaver Brevet made its debut in 2015 to celebrate cycling and to help people with Parkinson's to live well today. All fundraising proceeds will go to support the joint work of the Davis Phinney Foundation and ParkinGo Wellness Society.
The Growling Beaver Brevet is a social (non-race) ride to celebrate cycling with 200 cyclists riding 40, 100 or 200 km routes through the scenic Beaver Valley at what should be the height of the fall colours. The day will feature Beaver Valley and Georgian Bay communities and merchants that have supported cyclists through the summer season.
The routes have been conceived with a mix of tarmac and scenic country gravel roads. Every rider will carry a “passport” that will be authenticated at checkpoints.
- Epic 40/100/200 km courses that cover scenic rail trails, gravel roads, and paved roadways
- Stunning vistas overlooking the beautiful Beaver Valley and the surrounding region at the peak of fall colour
- An intimate event limited to 150 riders
- "Passport” authentication at checkpoints which will spoil you with local cuisine and entertainment
- Post ride meal upon your return to Side Launch Brewing Company
- Evening social, entertainment, and awards ceremony
- Receive a Growling Beaver swag bag (Growling Beaver water bottle and other fun surprises, excludes kit and swag items listed for sale below)
Note: The event will occur on open roads ways, thus all participants must follow the Highway Traffic Act.
What kind of bike should I ride?
Given the distance and the limited daylight hours needed to complete the 200km course, we ask that you are able to maintain a minimum 24km/hr pace. Your average speed will be lower then your road riding average speed given the gravel roads and climbing. If you can not maintain this speed, please consider the 40km or 100km course.
Ride Day Schedule - September 30th, 2017
06:00 AM EDT - Ride day registration @ Side Launch Brewing Company
07:00 AM EDT - Start of 200 km ride
09:00 AM EDT - Start of 100 km ride
10:00 AM EDT - Start of 40 km ride
12:30 PM EDT - Post ride meal & free time starts (upon your return)
06:30 PM EDT - Social @ Side Launch Brewing Company starts
08:00 PM EDT - Evening entertainment and awards @ Side Launch Brewing Company